The Robertson Foundation's efforts to foster leadership at the undergraduate level centers on the Robertson Scholars Leadership Program. Each year, the program selects thirty-six new Scholars — half matriculate at Duke University and half at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC). The Robertson Program provides these young leaders with exceptional benefits, exposure to new and challenging environments, and a distinctive set of shared experiences:
- Four-year scholarship, including undergraduate tuition, mandatory fees, room and board
- Unique access to the academic and extracurricular offerings at both Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill
- Three summers of domestic and international experiences
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
- Extensive community of Robertson Scholars, alumni, and staff
During this journey, Robertson Scholars learn to create change, foster collaboration, turn their passions into action and have a palpable impact in their communities. The experience of being a Robertson Scholar helps students become thoughtful, creative, lifelong contributors to society — the kind of citizens and leaders to meet the unprecedented challenges of our interdependent world.